Take your first steps into creating herbal remedies with herbalists Kim Walker & Vicky Chown. Learn the basic skills that will enable you to unlock the uses of herbs for health and well-being.
The month of September signals the beginning of autumn and the time to gather roots & fruits. The plant has stored energy into its seeds for the new generation, or in its roots to start next years season. This hands-on workshop set in the gorgeous Queen's Wood herb garden, combines theory and practice to lead you through identifying this seasons herbs, their uses and how to make them into basic remedies including:
- Harvesting herbs - how to pick herbs, and when are the best times to do so
- Preserving herbs - drying, tinctures and infused oils
- Remedy making - making next step remedies
- Connecting with taste - tastes of herbs & their medicinal uses
- Make and take home some seasonal recipes & handouts
Full refunds are possible if cancellations are no later than 14 days before the walk. 50% refunds are available if cancellations are over 14 days. No refund is possible if the attendee cancels less than 72 hours before the walk. A transfer to another course may be available.