Bone broth recipes seem to be everywhere at the moment and for good reason, bone broth is highly nutritious
- 1 handful Turkey Tail mushroom fresh or dried
- 1 tablespoon powdered chaga
- 1 roughly chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 carrots roughly chopped
- 2 stalks celery roughly chopped
- 1 strip (about 5g) Kombu ‘kelp’ or any other local edible seaweed try the Cornish Seaweed Company we love them! http://cornishseaweed.co.uk/
Place all the ingredients in a large pot and cover with 3-4 litres of water cover with the lid and simmer for at least 2 hours, top up with more water if needed. Strain all the ingredients, reserving the liquid. The liquid can be drunk as it is a delicious immune enhancing stock or added to soups, stews, risottos and gravies.
Tip: this makes a great stock for vegetarian gravy as the Chaga makes it dark brown – something hard to achieve when using vegetables alone.